Oh my goodness these homemade turkey lettuce wraps are so yummy! They have become a monthly staple in our house, shhhhh, cause these wraps were made with Tofu!! Couldn’t ever tell the difference, healthy living on a budget never tasted so good 🙂
1 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey breast ( I used Tofu and it was perfect!)
½ medium red onion, chopped
½ medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 green onion, chopped
⅔ cup chopped water chestnuts
1 Tbsp. Bragg’s Liquid Amino
1 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 large head of lettuce (NO ICEBURG), separated into leaves
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add turkey, onion, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through and onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic, green onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce, and vinegar; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add cilantro; mix well. Remove from heat.
5. Evenly spoon mixture onto lettuce leaves; wrap the leaves around mixture, and eat!
Yield: 8 servings, 2 wraps each